Wednesday 2 June 2010

Sleek Storm Palette review

This product has been reviewed many times on the blogging communities (and is the main reason I decided to buy this palette) but there are some people who will not have bought this so I thought I'd do a review.

Firstly, the only palette that looks any good is the Storm palette because I really don't like bright colours. I like very neutral/natural colours so I like the colour choice of the palette.



SLEEK DIVINE EYESHADOW PALETTE IN STORM

Cost: £5.00.

Weight: 12 eyeshadows = 1.1g each.

Size: roughly 14x7.5cm.

Packaging quality (/10): 7.

"crumbliness" (/10 - 1=very crumbly, 10-not crumbly): 4.

Good Points: Big mirror inside, sponge wand inside, price, colours are nicley pigmented.

Bad Points: Very crumbly, especcialy the matte black eyeshadow, which is not good when you have a cream carpet. Because of the crumbliness of the product I can not use it as a mirror in my hanbdbag because it will probably crumble EVEN more. However my aunt also has this palette and she said hers didn't crumble - maybe I got the bad one? After a while some colours gather in the crease line of my eye, but that may be due to not using eye primer, but foundation instead.

Would I re-purchase? I don't know yet, probably. For the price and the pigmentation of the colours it's very good but areas my carpet are ruined because of this :S

Swatches They are in the same order as the colours in the palette. I took 2 pictures to give you an idea in different lighting





Looks created with the palette (Click for a larger image) - sorry for my incredibly short eyelashes I hate them :'(

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

ooh i do love a smokey eye. and thanks for your comment - i think we should all stop reading fashion blogs altogether if we want money in our purses! btw i like how you have some little pictures and you can click for an enlarged version. i need something like this for my artwork page/gallery thing. any possibility i could steal this html??? email me at vanessa-walters@hotmail.co.uk and i'd appreciate it. thanks! xx

Vanessa said...

ps - my mistake - have you literally just added a link to all your little pics on photobucket?

Ievu said...

Mmm...U know what to do with ur eyelids :) Chic, babe! ;)


xoxo
Ievu

Luc said...

@Vanessa I upload them all to photobucket and it automaticly creates a thumb

just add th_ e.g.

/image.jpg
/th_image.jpg

@levu thank you :b