Friday 4 June 2010

My lip balms/syls

I am not really a lipstick girl (although I really want a 1940's style red lippy at the moe) but I do like to have nice, soft lips so I tend to wear lysyls.

Here are the 3 I currently own: left to right; vaseline pot, nivea essential care, nivea pearl shine, palmer's moisturizing lip balm



I am going to talk a bit about each of them and what I think of them.

Vaseline
Good ol' vaseline. You can't really go wrong. Since I have a big pot (I did try melting it into a little post - big mistake!) I wear it at night time and really after a few days it softens lips. Perfect really and gives a nice shine to lips.

Nivea essential care
However good I have said vaseline is why did I buy another lypsyl? I think it's because of the packaging and I don't particularly like having to dip my finger in something then put it onto my lips :S

So this seemed like a great idea. I find this lysyl seems to have a higher melting point because it always glides onto my lips TOO easily. I'd prefer it to be a bit stiffer, but apart from that it's really the same as the lypsyl - nice gloss to the lips and I definatley prefer it to lipgloss

Nivea Pearl Shine
This is an absolutley gorgeous colour. It's similar to a 17 lipgloss I was once given before they redesigned the packaging. It's a pale pink and is very shiny. However I don't find it moisturizes my lips as much as I'd like and doesn't last all day or, even, 2 hrs - especially when you have eaten.

On the upside though, it smells GORGEOUS. I could eat it or, at least, smell it for the rest of my life.

Palmer's moisturizing lip balm
I haven't used this one yet because I only got it last week. Once I have used it I will report back ;)

No comments: